Post-it Notes

Friday, June 16, 2006

.04.

I have returned to NYC and world full of stress.

My job has picked up in intensity due to our big show up at the Affordable Art Fair in Chelsea. My co-worker Sarah has flown in from Texas and has been running herself ragged trying to get things done, while I am only moderately ragged, but I feel that I could do more. Just no one tells me what to do. It's a bit frustrating.

And while I'm contemplating picking up more hours to help my financial situation for the future (ie: the big September move) I am stressed with the August deadline coming up of GenCon, or, what I should hope to be my big portfolio break that impresses all the publishing companies and makes me rich and happy beyond my wildest dreams. Of course, it's hard to do with that only 7 paintings, one of which I consider to be sub-par, that will be at that point around 3 months old. No, I need newer and fresher works. But I'm lacking the time to do it as well as the ideas and proper reference materials. I desperately need to get my mind back in order.

Otherwise, the future is looking like: job 3-4 days a week, silkscreening jobs at least once a month to freak out over, drinking and smoking too much and being financially secure but very dull in life. With what I have going for me, I could be content with life for a year or so. But since when did I ever ask for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home