Post-it Notes

Saturday, November 18, 2006

.29.

One thing that I love about getting drunk is that it tends to change my perspective of the world.

I start getting strange and crazy revelations to the world, like how a lot of popular rap music seems to be put out to give kids a cause behind, but it's really just a way for them to become self-centered and only view the world through the things that are affecting them on an entirely surface level. How they don't have money, bitches and hoes, making it big by doing very little work.

The problem with this, however, is that when I try to share it with people I'm mostly incomprehendable. It just never comes out right and the point is usually lost and conversation turns into people having to defend themselves because again, they're missing the big picture of how this is affecting everyone and everything and it's just a personal attack, seemingly.

Even if it is true and they're just buying into a multi-million dollar system to oppress people and have them like it.

Damn those awesome basslines.

Coincidentally, I also hate when I'm woken up at noon Friday morning after I'd just come home wasted not five hours earlier by cars with obscenely large speakers blasting those awesome basslines and shouting out about bitches and hoes and money and drinking Hennesey with pineapple juice.

Which is not to say that I hate rap music. In fact, I believe I shall start cleaning up the house listening to Jedi Mind Tricks.

A very deceptive band name, since I have yet to hear a Star Wars reference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home