Post-it Notes

Saturday, July 01, 2006

.11.

Oh man, so the past few nights have been some kind of craziness.

I ended up bouncing around bars and even a cluc with Dieselboy playing on Thursday. I love a scene that's just all about the wild dancing... I stayed out far too late but my friend Chino let me crash at his place, which let me sleep in until 9:45a and still make it to my work relativly on time. I adore people with Manhattan housing. And he had two cats that looked almost exactly alike and were decently friendly.

Friday night involved going to my friend Becky's gallery opening. She had the best photo there. I wish she'd been able to get her second print in, but her model flaked on her... There, I got to talk to some really neat people but the social anxiety plus the bad vibes of people too cool to chill out really kept me closed mouth. Ah well. They left to Barcade to celebrate two peoples' birthdays and I got stuck there for an hour or more, but not 20 seconds after they left, two guys introduced themselves to me. Apparently, they were artists who also did music and were working in a studio a few floors below. I checked out the place: they were working on paintings in exchange for the studio time and had been spending the past week living in the studio making music and creating art. It was fuckin' brilliant! I love the barter system, it produces so much more amazing things than the exchange of money ever could.

I hung out and talked to one of them in particular who was this great silkscreener who knows all the people whose work I admire. So strange, but it's true that the people you meet in college generally end up being your greatest connections and will be some of the best in the industry. I hope that someday someone can be that proud of knowing me and my work...

I then wandered down to my friend Tracey's place and helped her and her boyfriend and my old DM move things in and around the apartment. My task is to instil order and convince them to part with objects and items that are just taking up space. We worked long into the night on steady cups of margaritas and got the job accomplished enough that they didn't have a nervous breakdown during the process or by all the stuff still around this morning.

Today is ending up just being a day of anxiety from not doing anything, but being too exhausted to want to clean up a mess that isn't my own doing. After my shower I'll see what's mine and what I can clean up at least to take a fraction out of the equation of mess.

I feel dull right now compared to the excitement of the past few days. Ah, to take up the torch of responsibility once more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home