Post-it Notes

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

.15.

I'm terribly disoriented it would seem...

I didn't explain the "technological deaths" like I thought I had in entries before. Y'see kids, my wonderful Powerbook "The Crushinator" died a few weeks back. I'd been stuck using my roommate's computer while trying to figure out how the hell I could afford a new battery. Of course, the problem was worse than that. I snooped around some Apple forums and found out that it was a power port issue and, well, that was the end of my hope.

So my mother drove into the city to deliver me her old PC laptop to use in the interim while I waited to move to my next apartment and set up either my old iMac or buy a new computer. Of course, not 15 minutes after turning it on, the thing started acting wonky. I tried to reinstall the OS, only to have it crash and burn. Literally. The internal fan was broken so it was heating up and shutting itself off in hopes of saving the motherboard from melting. Not even setting the entire thing on a rig of ice cube trays saved it.

So, that's that story.

My old iMac, the Tallgoose has been puttering along beautifully and I'm quite happy to be reunited with my old speakers, that still work amazingly.

In more recent news, I had my very first art show the other day! Tres exciting. I was part of a group show at a restaurant here in Little Italy, hooked up by a friend of a friend who is apparently the biggest hookup in all of NYC, so she seems... Amazing girl, I aspire to be like that. So anyways, apparently I showed with a comic book artist/industry illustrator who I've been admiring for quite some time. It was surreal to share a show with someone I feel is so much... further in the world than me. Or something. And to get to see his stuff blown up to very very large dimensions was a blast. The whole thing was excellent and we had beers and pizza and a whole lot of cigarettes. I apparently had what was referred to as "an entourage" and we were forced to take part in this long poem re-writing. I'm terrible at being funny...

It is far too hot and I have too much crap on my floor to continue writing right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home